How do you create engaging presentations about technology? For a business trying to find a professional way to present its product or service, it can prove challenging. Firstly, their new technology may be very complex and hard to understand. Trying to find a way to explain it in a 30-minute presentation may be challenging let alone be able to sell it. The best technology PowerPoint presentations make use of highly visual slides to explain technical concepts. Often times pictures alone still need to be explained. Therefore, it’s common for people designing presentations about complex topics to turn to creative agencies top help them design infograhics and other images that help to create a visual explaination.
Contact Us Today For a Free Consult
How do you present a new new technology?
Whether you are presenting a techonolgical solution, or anything else for that matter, it all starts with the audience. Before you begin to create your presentation take some time to ask yourself these questions:
- If your viewer left your technology presentation only remembering one thing, what would you want it to be?
- Do you need to teach your audience something about the new technology in order for them to understad your key point?
- Would a graphic or visual representation help you better teach your technology?
- What is the benefit to your audience of learning more about your new technology and business?
- What information could you remove from your presentation and still accomplish your key goal?
Prior to jumping into PowerPoint to create your technology presentation, these are some of the questions you should be able to answer. For these and more helpful questions, jump on our contact us page to find our email address and get in touch. They will provide you with a roadmap or a storyboard for your presenation. How much of the technology do you need to teach your audience? One giant pitfall that many presenters make is trying to teach their audience too much. Often times a video or helpful graphic can teach more and provide a better understanding of the key points. These often require some outside help, unless a member on your team is proficient in the Adobe Creative Suite.
Create a logical flow of information
Build educational institution presentations that cater to visual learners
Make it practical
PowerPoint templates for technology
Microsoft has designed some technology powerpoint templates which can be a good option if you are looking to provide a little design and don’t need to worry about your business brand guidelines. You can find a technology powerpoint template by opening Microsoft PowerPoint, clicking new and searching the templates for Tech in the search bar. There are several present themes that highlight various types of technology. Searching for these templates often allow you to deliver a presentation style that your collegues haven’t seen before while providing some new slides layout options to add some consistency to your technology presentation.
What are the possible downsides to using templates?
Using a template can be the right choice for many presentation situations, but here are a few situations where you may want to consider hiring a company like ours!
- Your presentation is being delivered to people outside of your company. If this is the case, it’s more than likley that someone somewhere in your company would like you to ensure that your presentation follows brand guidelines. It seems like a hassle, but brand guidelines are actually very important. When you are presenting, it’s likely the people in front of you have had some experience with your company. They’ve seen your website, social media posts or maybe recieved an email with your logo on it. Providing a consistent experience across all these points of interaction actually helps to build your confidence in your business and in turn your new technology.
- You have a tough time clearly explaining your new technology. Sometimes a picture or video provides that aha moment that your audience needs to understand your technology. The challenge in creating presentations for new technology is that these images and explainer videos don’t already exist. In these cases it can be very beneficial to work with a design company that can help you create images, infographics, explainer videos. Click here to check out an example of how we did this for an amazing tech startup Flowmill.
- Time is not on your side. If you’re deadline is rapidly approaching and need an efficient team that can help you design amazing slides you may want to reach out to us. We can provide your business with a quote within the hour and often we get started on presentations the same day.
How can you use technology in presentations?
So the type of technology your business has developed has nothing to do with presenations or even IT. It doesn’t matter, your audience will probably expect you to be the master of all things technology. So what better way to impress than to use something new in your presentation? Our team is used to integrating new solutions into presentation design. Prezi is a great cloud based solution that gives your slides a transaxial zooming look. Prezi also allows the presenter to click to where they want to go rather than having slides follow a consecutive order.
Is your presentation going to be presented through a videoconference platform? If so, you might want to learn more about what features not to use to ensure the viewer has a great experience.
We also design presenations that include engagement solutions, through polls, surveys, quizes and more.
NDA's and Rights Reserved
A large concern for many tech firms is making sure that their information remains confidential. This is something that we take very seriously as confidentiality and rights reserved affects the majority of customer base. Our company developed everything in-house. Our Presentation Geek designers are all under contract and our team frequently signs NDAs to protect our customers business. If you are in need of a team of Presentation Experts, give us a call and let us know how we can help to support your project.